We’re Help Scout. A company you’ve maybe heard of before, or maybe not, but either way you’ve landed on this page because you were at least a little curious, and we like that about you. We spend our time making it easier for SMBs to talk with their customers. Today Help Scout is used by more than 8,000 businesses in 140 countries.
We’re looking for someone who’s really smart, and humble, and thorough, and meticulous, and self-motivated, and kind, and a little funny, and tenacious, and did I say self-motivated? Well, that’s because we’re a remote company! Being remote is fantastic, it’s empowering, and it’s perfect for people who like to be their own boss and push themselves to be at their very best every day.
That’s where you come in. As a Product Designer at Help Scout, you’ll spend your days creating tools that our customers use to deliver a great experience. Smiles on faces — if that’s your jam, we’d love to meet you.
- We pay at or above market salary in most cases and evaluate a lot of research to make sure everyone is paid well. The formula we use to calculate all salaries is public to employees and is improved upon regularly.
- Provided you have 4 hours of overlap with the team. We’ll fly you to Boston for a week of new employee on-boarding
Health and dental insurance
- We cover you and your family's health/dental insurance 100%. If you are based in the US, we'll cover you on our Aetna policy. If you're based outside the US, we'll reimburse your out-of-pocket health and dental insurance costs.
Long-term/Short-term Disability Insurance & Life Insurance
- we cover 100% of the premiums for LT/ST Disability insurance and base Life Insurance. You also have the option to purchase supplementary life insurance through our provider (currently US only).
- Take time off when you need it, we trust you.
- After you've been at Help Scout for 5 years, you get a month of paid vacation plus $2500 to spend towards travel, learning, projects or however you'd like to spend that time.
Paid parental leave, including adoption
- 12 weeks if you have or adopt a baby, 4 weeks if your partner has a baby.
401k with 1% match
- via Betterment for Business (currently US only)
Personal Development stipend
- Up to $1,800 per year to improve your craft
- Each employee will be provided with a Mac laptop and 27'' display (or equivalent equipment of choice). We’ll also purchase any additional software or hardware you need.
Home office stipend
- Every new hires gets $1000 USD to furnish their home office, and up to $350 USD per month if you'd like to rent a co-working desk somewhere.
- Everyone has full access to business metrics and financial information about the company.
Help Scout is made by roughly 80 people in 40+ cities around the world, all with a passion for excellence in their craft. We come from diverse backgrounds and are united by an enthusiasm for great products and delightful customer experiences.
Since launching in April of 2011, Help Scout now powers 9,000+ support teams in over 140 countries. Our software
is used and trusted by businesses of every shape and size.
Designed to go the distance
Our mission is to foster the world’s customer-centric businesses by providing tools that serve customers in the most human, helpful way. While growth is important, team and values are paramount. We’re always striving to do impactful work we’re proud of in lieu of chasing overnight success.
We’re builders without borders
Our entire team is free to work remotely from wherever they choose. We overcome remote challenges through transparency, trust, and video conferencing. The reward is worth the effort—we’ll take talent, skill, and diverse perspectives over local geography any day.
Above all, we want Help Scout to be a place where passionate people can do their very best work. You won’t find any ping-pong tables or kegerators here. Instead, you’ll be surrounded by driven, supportive teammates who will push you to be better. We take work/life harmony seriously, too, as we want every career at Help Scout to be a long and satisfying one.
Diversity & Inclusion
We are an equal opportunity employer and are committed to building a company that embraces and celebrates diversity and inclusion
. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We have read the studies and understand that diverse teams build better products, bring more perspective to the table, contribute to a company’s financial success and help foster a more inclusive environment for all employees, but the bottom line is that it's the right thing to do.